One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those hoodless and veilless are bald or white haired, to a woman, to a man.’
- ‘Three women who were caught veilless were bound to stakes and exposed to a pious mob which threw stones until the women died.’
- ‘Others, clad in stylish jeans and leather jackets stand in front of the stage, drinking bootleg liquor and swaying to the music along with their veilless girlfriends.’
- ‘I prefer to think of the dark moon as being veilless - tho I have heard that it is the full moon who is veilless.’
- ‘While it may be OK for her to go veilless in front of kids, there are other adults at a school, and it makes more sense for her to keep it on all the time then to dive for it every time the classroom door opens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.