One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a forceful, passionate, or intense manner; with great feeling.‘he vehemently denied any suggestion of improper conduct’‘the entire community protested vehemently against the cuts’
- ‘There cannot be a person alive who resisted technology more vehemently than I.’
- ‘He is a stingy businessman who vehemently wants to reclaim money lent to his wife.’
- ‘Some become intent on destroying Gulliver for making such a bold statement, while others support him vehemently.’
- ‘She fell into a bitter argument with her husband, who vehemently chastised Goneril for her mistreatment of Lear.’
- ‘We must take into account the fact that Joan of Arc vehemently rejected marriage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.