One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard white material obtained from the endosperm of the ivory nut.
- ‘However, Bennett said he does not think the vegetable ivory serves as a viable replacement for animal ivory.’
- ‘Individuals working to save the rain forest also encourage the production and sale of vegetable ivory products, creating economic value for living rain forest plants.’
- ‘These vegetable ivory tagua nut animal carvings are hand carved in Ecuador.’
- ‘Since the second world war vegetable ivory has been largely replaced by plastics.’
- ‘Sulfuric acid applied to vegetable ivory causes an irreversible pink coloring in about 12 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.