Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who introduces and plays music videos on television.
- ‘When they speak to him and about him, they behave differently than they did with the painter, or the veejay, or any of the other folks.’
- ‘If you're unfamiliar with him, Curry is the former MTV veejay who co-invented podcasting, and his DSC is one of the top podcasts in the world.’
- ‘Years ago, Adam Curry was an MTV veejay, who registered the mtv.com domain before the network even understood what was going on with the Web.’
- ‘Last summer, Adam Curry, a former MTV veejay turned entrepreneur, devised a way to deliver automatically updated digital audio streams to MP3 players via a computer.’
- ‘What is interesting about these shows are the veejays, or hosts.’
- ‘But this MTV veejay has taken it as a challenge to prove that he can be equally at ease doing programmes on serious issues.’
- ‘The veejays also take on-air phone calls from the public, a feature that initially threatened to overwhelm the schedule.’
- ‘A few months later, the word was applied to former MTV veejay Adam Curry's syndication of the personal online broadcasts he was making.’
- ‘We understand that the hostess for the evening, MTV veejay, Anusha, was pretty busy the entire evening.’
- ‘Do the veejays have any say as to the kind of music they play on their shows?’
- ‘They are not anorexic like the models and veejays who seem to click with big city youth.’
- ‘With sports becoming big time entertainment, models and veejays are now clambering onto the bandwagon.’
- ‘A popular veejay, a sought-after anchor and TV shows presenter, Mini Mathur says it's a variety of creative pursuits that spices up her life.’
- ‘Stacks of videocassettes on the shelves kept additional veejays busy popping tapes into and out of VCRs.’
- ‘The crucial point to note is this: these veejays are not white Canadians, Americans, or Britons.’
- ‘As they were filming some of their beach-heavy programming, I was accosted at several points by camera crews and veejays.’
- ‘The partying there drained me out completely,’ sighs the marathon man of the party circuit, MTV veejay, Nikhil Chinnappa.’
1980s: representing a pronunciation of VJ, short for video jockey, on the pattern of deejay.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.