One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who introduces and plays music videos on television.
- ‘When they speak to him and about him, they behave differently than they did with the painter, or the veejay, or any of the other folks.’
- ‘They are not anorexic like the models and veejays who seem to click with big city youth.’
- ‘With sports becoming big time entertainment, models and veejays are now clambering onto the bandwagon.’
- ‘Do the veejays have any say as to the kind of music they play on their shows?’
- ‘But this MTV veejay has taken it as a challenge to prove that he can be equally at ease doing programmes on serious issues.’
- ‘We understand that the hostess for the evening, MTV veejay, Anusha, was pretty busy the entire evening.’
- ‘A few months later, the word was applied to former MTV veejay Adam Curry's syndication of the personal online broadcasts he was making.’
- ‘If you're unfamiliar with him, Curry is the former MTV veejay who co-invented podcasting, and his DSC is one of the top podcasts in the world.’
- ‘As they were filming some of their beach-heavy programming, I was accosted at several points by camera crews and veejays.’
- ‘Last summer, Adam Curry, a former MTV veejay turned entrepreneur, devised a way to deliver automatically updated digital audio streams to MP3 players via a computer.’
- ‘What is interesting about these shows are the veejays, or hosts.’
- ‘The crucial point to note is this: these veejays are not white Canadians, Americans, or Britons.’
- ‘The veejays also take on-air phone calls from the public, a feature that initially threatened to overwhelm the schedule.’
- ‘Years ago, Adam Curry was an MTV veejay, who registered the mtv.com domain before the network even understood what was going on with the Web.’
- ‘A popular veejay, a sought-after anchor and TV shows presenter, Mini Mathur says it's a variety of creative pursuits that spices up her life.’
- ‘The partying there drained me out completely,’ sighs the marathon man of the party circuit, MTV veejay, Nikhil Chinnappa.’
- ‘Stacks of videocassettes on the shelves kept additional veejays busy popping tapes into and out of VCRs.’
1980s: representing a pronunciation of VJ, short for video jockey, on the pattern of deejay.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.