One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ancient religion of the Aryan peoples who entered NW India from Persia c.2000–1200 BC. It was the precursor of Hinduism, and its beliefs and practices are contained in the Vedas.
- ‘Nevertheless, the ultimate goal of the sacrificial Vedic religion and the bhakti form of Hinduism, as practiced today, is the same.’
- ‘And in the same way we find lots of similarities between Vedic religion and the religion of the Homeric Greeks.’
- ‘The Vedic religion preserved the fire cult of the ancient inhabitants of Earth who gazed with awe at fire-seething volcanoes and brilliant streaks of lightning that ignited primeval forests into fast-spreading flames.’
- ‘It is an orthodox caste whose members consider themselves descendants of the ancient Vedic religion.’
- ‘Buddha denounced the extreme ritualism of the Vedic religion.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.