One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ancient religion of the Aryan peoples who entered north-western India from Persia c.2000–1200 BC. It was the precursor of Hinduism, and its beliefs and practices are contained in the Vedas.
- ‘And in the same way we find lots of similarities between Vedic religion and the religion of the Homeric Greeks.’
- ‘The Vedic religion preserved the fire cult of the ancient inhabitants of Earth who gazed with awe at fire-seething volcanoes and brilliant streaks of lightning that ignited primeval forests into fast-spreading flames.’
- ‘Buddha denounced the extreme ritualism of the Vedic religion.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the ultimate goal of the sacrificial Vedic religion and the bhakti form of Hinduism, as practiced today, is the same.’
- ‘It is an orthodox caste whose members consider themselves descendants of the ancient Vedic religion.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.