A member of an aboriginal people inhabiting the forests of Sri Lanka.
- ‘Even Tamil-speaking east coastal Veddas are having their views heard in Colombo for the first time ever.’
- ‘With the new laws it has became very difficult to trace the descent of many of the Vedda people.’
- ‘There is quite a lot of information on the now nearly extinct Vedda of Sri Lanka but most of it is going back to colonial days.’
- ‘As you report, the Veddas have been discriminated against by recent development projects.’
- ‘Even during British times rehabilitation and resettlements of Veddas had been considered.’
From Sinhalese vaddā hunter.