One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Hindu philosophy based on the doctrine of the Upanishads, especially in its monistic form.
- ‘The doctrines of Vedanta were based on the Upanishads, and gave logical and organized form to their mystical speculations.’
- ‘I was deeply influenced by the life of Ramakrishna and also Indian philosophies of Tantra and Vedanta.’
- ‘She was even attracted to her husband because he was so ‘spiritual,’ having been a monk in the Hindu tradition of Vedanta.’
- ‘The Vedanta, which represents the apogee of Indian philosophy, is replete with concepts that are of tremendous contemporary significance.’
- ‘All these reforms were attempts at steering the Hindu religion towards Vedanta, which is the backbone of its philosophy.’
From Sanskrit vedānta, from veda (see Veda) + anta ‘end’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.