One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See vectorvector (sense 1 of the noun)
- ‘You begin to move through a digital jungle, pushing aside bitmapped fronds and vectorised vines, pixellated insects dart away from the square-edged thump of your footfalls.’
- ‘In spite of Grove's efforts to vectorize everybody in the same direction, numerous autonomous strategic initiatives continued to emerge, indicating continued attempts at exploration.’
- ‘Vector architectures, vectorizing compilers, and applications tuned for the use of vector hardware;’
- ‘Several compilers, including the Convex and the Fujitsu Fortran Compilers, permitted applications that were written in standard Fortran 77 to be vectorized.’
- ‘To use the new vectorized commands, you have to write applications that use them and use a version of gcc that is aware of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.