One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See vectorvector (sense 1 of the noun)
- ‘When intra-register vectorization for the Pentium 4 processor is enabled (switch xW), the performance goes up to 1,292 MFLOPS, boosting the performance by about 20%.’
- ‘The Pro version includes a dictionary to spell-check vectorized text, batch vectorization, color vector conversion, trainable optical character recognition, and a command-line interface.’
- ‘Applications software took a similar amount of time to be adapted to vector machines (for example, by restructuring loops and adding directives to facilitate automatic vectorization of the code by the compiler).’
- ‘The compilers also have enhanced optimisation features from earlier releases, including interprocedural optimisation, vectorisation, and profile-guided optimisation.’
- ‘Compilers for clusters have a much shorter history of development and are much less mature, even when they use vectorization technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.