One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The product of two real vectors in three dimensions which is itself a vector at right angles to both the original vectors. Its magnitude is the product of the magnitudes of the original vectors and the sine of the angle between their directions.Also called cross product
- ‘The vector product is, from the properties of determinants, linear in both its vector factors.’
- ‘We can use the direction perpendicular to this plane to give us the direction of our vector product.’
- ‘This shows that the vector product of two direct lattice vectors is easily expressed in terms of the basic reciprocal vectors.’
- ‘Today's vector products are a watered-down version of quaternion multiplication.’
- ‘As the name says, a scalar product of two vectors results in a scalar quantity, and a vector product in a vector quantity.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.