One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function of a space whose value at each point is a vector quantity.
- ‘We find that our vector field must be less than ten percent of the Planck scale, the fundamental unit in physics where gravity and quantum mechanics come together.’
- ‘Holographic PIV techniques are more suitable for obtaining three-dimensional distribution of the velocity vector field.’
- ‘A vector field is created by assigning vectors to each point.’
- ‘Electric and magnetic fields are examples of such fields but the moduli are even simpler: they are scalar fields, rather than vector fields.’
- ‘The Hart algorithm first calculates a velocity vector field using standard cross-correlation and then subdivides the initial areas of interrogation and calculates new estimates of flow velocities within each of the subdivided areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.