One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vaccine or vaccination.‘the flu vax’
- ‘The vaxes are essentially viral antigens, so they are basically infecting you, albeit at a low intensity.’
- ‘We definitely need better flu vax especially for older patients.’
- ‘Did we have a terrible time deciding if John should receive a vax, and if so which one? Horrible time.’
- ‘Spreading misinformation about vaccines (even if you're just criticizing vax schedules) might not seem like a big deal, but it is a very big, life-and-death deal.’
- ‘Traditional vaxes must be kept cold and don't always trigger a sufficient immune response.’
1990s: abbreviation. See also anti-vax.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.