Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Sudden constriction of a blood vessel, reducing its diameter and flow rate.
- ‘Vascular changes in preeclampsia and eclampsia include hemoconcentration and intense vasospasm.’
- ‘Because of its vasoconstrictive effects, DHE nasal spray should not be taken by patients with known ischemic heart disease or coronary vasospasm.’
- ‘Several studies have shown that UV irradiation may be effective for preventing vascular restenosis or vasospasm.’
- ‘These patients have a higher than normal incidence of migraines, suggesting vasospasm as an etiology.’
- ‘They also have found vasospasm to be prevalent in autistic patients.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.