One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dilatation of blood vessels, which decreases blood pressure.
- ‘Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.’
- ‘Many patients with diabetes, however, have no change in palpable temperature due to distal vasodilation related to autonomic neuropathy.’
- ‘Apyrase, an enzyme in tick saliva, may maintain blood flow into the bite by stimulating local vasodilation and preventing platelet aggregation.’
- ‘Effects include venous and arteriolar vasodilatation, which decreases oxygen demand.’
- ‘Acidosis causes vasodilation in many different blood vessels, including those in the brain and heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.