One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cocaine is a potent CNS stimulant and vasoconstrictor that can precipitate hypertension, tachycardia, and fatal cardiac arrhythmias.’
- ‘Serotonin is a vasoconstrictor and uses agonists, such as ADP, epinephrine, and norepinephrine, to promote platelet aggregation.’
- ‘Inhaled steroids are potent vasoconstrictors and are known to reduce bronchial blood flow in both normal subjects and patients with asthma, and consequently they may lessen airway edema.’
- ‘Treatment of basilar migraines should avoid vasoconstrictors, otherwise standard abortive and prophylactic migraine medications are appropriate.’
- ‘Vasopressin has been used clinically to treat a variety of disorders, both as an antidiuretic and as a vasoconstrictor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.