One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In hypoxia also, they initiate vasoconstrictive reflexes which act to maintain the arterial blood pressure.’
- ‘Because of its vasoconstrictive properties, sumatriptan should be avoided in patients with known coronary artery disease or Prinzmetal's variant angina.’
- ‘The venom has vasoconstrictive properties that can lead to cyanosis and necrosis, with poor wound healing and infection.’
- ‘Epinephrine's vasoconstrictive properties can be a problem if extravasation into tissue occurs, and may result in skin necrosis.’
- ‘Yet in patients with septic shock, vasopressin has strong vasoconstrictive effects, demonstrated in several studies by an increased MAP and systemic vascular resistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.