Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The constriction of blood vessels, which increases blood pressure.
- ‘The effect is a dramatic increase in blood pressure due to vasoconstriction.’
- ‘The vascular effects result in tissue ischemia from vasoconstriction, platelet aggregation, and increased blood viscosity.’
- ‘The hawthorn plant contains pharmacologically active flavonoids that inhibit vasoconstriction and actively dilate blood vessels.’
- ‘At low doses, local anesthetics cause systemic vasoconstriction and raise blood pressure.’
- ‘Following a vascular injury, vasoconstriction and retraction usually occur immediately and decrease blood flow to the affected area.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.