Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The vascular system of a part of the body and its arrangement:‘diseases affecting the pulmonary vasculature’
- ‘Because of its enormous surface area, the lung vasculature is particularly sensitive to barrier dysregulation with increases in permeability.’
- ‘For example, abnormal development of the vasculature around the trachea may create a vascular ring that impinges on the trachea.’
- ‘Little is known about the relation between the vasculature at the bronchial epithelial surface and at the center of larger tumors.’
- ‘The vitreous cavity was 50% full of gas, and the retinal vasculature was attenuated.’
- ‘The diagnosis of fibrocartilaginous emboli is made by documenting the presence of intervertebral disk material within the spinal cord vasculature.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.