One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]Biology Anatomy
Provide (a tissue or structure) with vessels, especially blood vessels; make vascular.‘the stem cells can start growing vessels to help vascularize the graft’
- ‘Angiographically, it is a poorly vascularized lesion, deriving its blood supply from the hepatic arterial system.’
- ‘The skin of birds is composed of an epidermis and a well vascularized dermal layer.’
- ‘This tissue is richly vascularized and is responsible for a significant portion of the blood supply to the tendon.’
- ‘This structure is actually a highly vascularized extension of the cloaca which allows internal fertilization.’
- ‘More recently, vascularized bone graft from the distal radius has been shown to result in accelerated healing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.