verb[WITH OBJECT]Biology Anatomy
Provide (a tissue or structure) with vessels, especially blood vessels; make vascular.‘vascularized pelvic fins’
- ‘More recently, vascularized bone graft from the distal radius has been shown to result in accelerated healing.’
- ‘This tissue is richly vascularized and is responsible for a significant portion of the blood supply to the tendon.’
- ‘Angiographically, it is a poorly vascularized lesion, deriving its blood supply from the hepatic arterial system.’
- ‘The skin of birds is composed of an epidermis and a well vascularized dermal layer.’
- ‘This structure is actually a highly vascularized extension of the cloaca which allows internal fertilization.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.