One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common form of dementia caused by an impaired supply of blood to the brain, such as may be caused by a series of small strokes.‘my mother had a history of wandering off and had been diagnosed with vascular dementia’
- ‘Mixed dementia is a combination of Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia, caused in part by problems with blood flow in the brain.’
- ‘Much of the evidence derives from small retrospective studies of uncertain reliability, many of which excluded vascular dementia.’
- ‘The management of vascular dementia consists of controlling risk factors such as hypertension and smoking.’
- ‘However, some forms of vascular dementia progress slowly, making them difficult to distinguish from Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘It was 18 months before she was diagnosed with vascular dementia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.