Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A strand of conducting vessels in the stem or leaves of a plant, typically with phloem on the outside and xylem on the inside.
- ‘A large vascular bundle comprising xylem and phloem elements supplies the nectary.’
- ‘The nectary is supplied by a single vascular bundle comprising xylem and phloem.’
- ‘Stained cells corresponding to immature xylem were detected in vascular bundles of flowers and fruits.’
- ‘Wheat grains possess a furrow running along the length of the kernel with a vascular bundle embedded at the bottom.’
- ‘The conducting tissues within the vascular bundles are the xylem and phloem.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.