One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vessel or duct.
tube, channel, passage, canal, vesselView synonyms
- ‘Microangiopathy of the vasa nervorum (ie, small arteries located in the outer and middle coats of the larger arteries and veins) develop and impair normal blood flow.’
- ‘The medulla, supplied by vasa recta, receives less blood than the kidney cortex.’
- ‘It may be joined by a vas aberrans from the brachial or axillary artery.’
- ‘Dissection begins as an intramural hematoma arising from ruptured vasa vasorum.’
- ‘However, aortic dissection associated with vasculitis of the vasa vasorum in SLE is extraordinarily rare.’
Late 16th century: from Latin, literally ‘vessel’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.