One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Painters and varnishers carry out their work independently and in a customer-oriented manner on the basis of work orders, plans and designs, both alone and as part of a team.’
- ‘Inadvertently, the varnishers also rendered a great service to the world of art.’
- ‘For the ceiling of this room alone, Allard employed designers, cabinetmakers, carpenters, ‘omamanists,’ carvers, gilders, and varnishers.’
- ‘The appellant was no stranger to her since the former worked as a furniture varnisher for a neighbor.’
- ‘Time, helped by the eager brushes of varnishers and retouchers, has altered many a painting so that even its old master wouldn't know it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.