A semiconductor diode with resistance dependent on the applied voltage.
- ‘The range is built by optimising combinations of various styles of inductors with the appropriate capacitors, varistors and other components to give a comprehensive range of suppression levels.’
- ‘Epcos has developed the new LS41 and LS42 series of varistors with higher surge current capability.’
- ‘Otherwise, the damaged varistor material adversely affects the leakage current characteristics of the varistor chips.’
- ‘Because the shunt path creates a short circuit, the varistor and the line fuse are subject to be damaged or weakened in the process.’
- ‘The varistor and the surge absorber protect electronic circuits from switching surge and static electricity.’
1930s: contraction of varying resistor.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.