Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A method of factor analysis in which uncorrelated factors are sought by a rotation that maximizes the variance of the factor loadings.[as modifier] ‘it is common practice to conduct varimax rotation of solutions’
- ‘A principal components analysis with varimax rotation was conducted with all 25 items.’
- ‘For the twelve questions on coping strategies, a three-factor solution was found using varimax rotation.’
- ‘A varimax rotation produced the simplest possible structure among the component loadings.’
- ‘Our decision was verified performing a principal components analysis using the varimax procedure on all color variables.’
- ‘The factor matrix was rotated using the varimax method to optimize variable loadings.’
1950s: blend of variance and maximum.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.