One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a lens that allows an infinite number of focusing distances for near, intermediate, and far vision.
- ‘Alternatively, some people use varifocal or bifocal lenses in order to see objects clearly that are both close up and far away.’
- ‘As if it's not bad enough that I have eyesight that requires varifocal lenses, now even those need replacing.’
- ‘Problems were experienced by people who wore spectacles, particularly varifocal or bifocal lenses.’
- ‘Remember, this is a new you, with newfound confidence and think to yourself: if this new guy likes me than he will like me as I am, wrinkles, cellulite and varifocals.’
- ‘So now I make sure I have the lot: varifocals, reading glasses, prescription sunglasses, contact lenses, plain sunglasses for over the contacts, and reading glasses for over the contacts!’
- ‘I'm going to need varifocals this time so, to avoid a shock on the day, I asked the price.’
- ‘The optometrist saved me a bundle of cash and a great disappointment by telling me of a problem with varifocals I'd not heard of before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.