Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small shop selling a wide range of inexpensive items.
- ‘I popped into a corner variety store in search of more film.’
- ‘Officer Brewster observed her using the telephone in a variety store in a strip mall.’
- ‘The new Marzena Hair Remover gel is on sale now in supermarkets, pharmacies and variety stores priced from around $7.65.’
- ‘Small photo albums can often be found at variety stores for less than $2.’
- ‘She has a coffee shop and a variety store in the base of her building.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.