One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural variabilitiesmass noun
Lack of consistency or fixed pattern; liability to vary or change.‘a great deal of variability in quality’‘seasonal variability in water levels’count noun ‘our results showed substantial variabilities in laboratory practices’
- ‘Try to maintain a similar sampling time in each field to eliminate variability.’
- ‘They've seen variability in corn yields of up to 50 bushels per acre across a single irrigated field.’
- ‘The variability in milk supply is an ongoing obstacle for their operation.’
- ‘Structural variabilities have been observed.’
- ‘There was low correlation between divergence estimated through signal ratios and actual sequence divergence, probably due to several variabilities in the technique.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.