One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semiconductor diode with a capacitance dependent on the applied voltage.
- ‘The most significant use of varactors to date has been as the basic component in parametric amplifiers.’
- ‘This nonlinearity allows the varactor to be used also as a harmonic generator.’
- ‘They key to understanding how a varactor or varicap diode works is to look at what a capacitor is and what can change the capacitance.’
- ‘This paper presents a performance evaluation and comparison of three different types of CMOS varactors based on measurements.’
- ‘The varactors have been employed in VCO circuits operating at frequencies in excess of 40 GHz.’
1950s: from elements of variable reactor.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.