One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that generates a particular substance in the form of vapour, especially for medicinal inhalation.
atomizer, aerosol, sprinklerView synonyms
- ‘Use a vaporizer at night to keep your nasal passages from drying out.’
- ‘Putting a vaporizer or humidifier in your child's room may help him breathe.’
- ‘Try sitting the child in a steamy bathroom, using a vaporiser or placing a damp towel near a radiator to create moist air.’
- ‘Essential oils can be added to bath water, dropped onto a tissue or handkerchief, added to a vaporiser, or used in massage lotions.’
- ‘Using a cool-mist vaporizer to humidify the air may help soothe irritated breathing passages and relieve coughing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.