A small case fitted with a mirror and compartments for make-up.
travelling bag, travel bag, case, grip, valise, overnight case, portmanteau, vanity case, holdallView synonyms
- ‘She was taken to Plaistow Police Station where a further 948 grams of powder containing heroin was discovered in her vanity case.’
- ‘I snap up a 60s dress and a vanity case from a little old lady for next to nothing, while Pam finds some more crockery.’
- ‘She had given me a silk scarf and a vanity case for my birthday and they told me I was only allowed to keep one.’
- ‘He then left and the woman noticed her vanity case, containing around £1, 000 worth of jewellery, was missing from her bedroom as well as £10 cash.’
- ‘She had left a vanity case and ring box in the doorway of her home while she took some of her luggage upstairs on a stair lift when the thief struck.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.