One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Full marks to Waterford County Council for acting with such haste in having the place boarded up to prevent further vandalistic assaults on the building.’
- ‘Police investigating a weekend vandalistic attack on an unoccupied advance factory have described the incident as one of the most outrageous and disgusting they have ever encountered.’
- ‘The meeting took place at the behest of the councillors in the wake of a spate of untoward and vandalistic incidents which have taken place in the town in recent months.’
- ‘He voiced his concern and regret at the vandalistic attack on the grave of the Garda last week and said he would unreservedly condemn those who perpetrated it.’
- ‘So far, the general opinion seems to be that a small group of people were involved in a vandalistic prank, rather than a conspiracy to extort or steal money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.