One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Police investigating a weekend vandalistic attack on an unoccupied advance factory have described the incident as one of the most outrageous and disgusting they have ever encountered.’
- ‘The meeting took place at the behest of the councillors in the wake of a spate of untoward and vandalistic incidents which have taken place in the town in recent months.’
- ‘He voiced his concern and regret at the vandalistic attack on the grave of the Garda last week and said he would unreservedly condemn those who perpetrated it.’
- ‘So far, the general opinion seems to be that a small group of people were involved in a vandalistic prank, rather than a conspiracy to extort or steal money.’
- ‘Full marks to Waterford County Council for acting with such haste in having the place boarded up to prevent further vandalistic assaults on the building.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.