One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Katherine Hepburn and Marlene Dietrich loll vampishly on the doors, which swing open to reveal dim little caverns housing yet more pictures.’
- ‘She is pictured draped over a sofa in a red dress vampishly slashed to the thigh.’
- ‘Osborne, looking vampishly sexy in a tight light-blue gown, debuted four new songs from an album-in-progress.’
- ‘Later, vampishly disguised, she charms the security guard in his apartment building and sneaks into his place.’
- ‘Most of the women were vampishly pursuing her husband, but in her restrained blouse, skirt and sandals, she was somehow the sexiest actress on the stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.