Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of a vertically opening valve that is lifted off the valve aperture to open the valve.
- ‘It had a 24 valve head from a 6 series car, complete with twin overhead cams.’
- ‘It now has a twin-cam 16 valve head and common rail direct injection is used, along with the usual turbocharger and intercooler.’
- ‘Their development programs hit pay dirt with developments like 4 - valve head configurations in the late 1990s as engines transitioned from indirect-injected to direct-injected engines.’
- ‘This engine, with its more efficient 16 valve head, is actually more economical than the less powerful version.’
- ‘The V - 8's three valve heads are smaller than the previous engine's two-valve heads, reducing weight.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.