One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used on a bill of exchange to indicate that the bill is a means of paying for goods or services to the value of the bill.
- ‘He submits that value received may be looked at as the 2,409 hours of the plaintiff's time multiplied by her consultation fee rate, as determined in her previous business, of $75.00 per hour.’
- ‘Nor should paying a fair price for value received cause people to feel contempt or resentment.’
- ‘At some point, the industry will arrive at a more rational basis for charging for software, one that truly reflects customers' actual usage and value received.’
- ‘The issue of bonus shares is not regarded as value received if the individual shareholding is not increased.’
- ‘And, of course, one needs to ensure that in giving credit for value received that one is dealing with the same interest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.