The modification of designs and systems according to value analysis.
- ‘Another $1.7-million spike came during value engineering when government engineers opted to clad the building in stone, rather than its proposed stucco finish.’
- ‘The firm says it has saved the state about $85 million by reducing change orders, implementing more efficient scheduling and using value engineering and other total quality management efforts.’
- ‘Once the design has been approved, it is important that essential elements not be compromised during value engineering or construction.’
- ‘An effective approach to value engineering asks how buildings can be designed to cost-effectively meet design and functional goals.’
- ‘Often, however, designs undergo shortsighted value engineering to keep costs down.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.