Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The modification of designs and systems according to value analysis.
- ‘Another $1.7-million spike came during value engineering when government engineers opted to clad the building in stone, rather than its proposed stucco finish.’
- ‘The firm says it has saved the state about $85 million by reducing change orders, implementing more efficient scheduling and using value engineering and other total quality management efforts.’
- ‘Once the design has been approved, it is important that essential elements not be compromised during value engineering or construction.’
- ‘An effective approach to value engineering asks how buildings can be designed to cost-effectively meet design and functional goals.’
- ‘Often, however, designs undergo shortsighted value engineering to keep costs down.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.