Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The modification of designs and systems according to value analysis.
- ‘An effective approach to value engineering asks how buildings can be designed to cost-effectively meet design and functional goals.’
- ‘Another $1.7-million spike came during value engineering when government engineers opted to clad the building in stone, rather than its proposed stucco finish.’
- ‘Often, however, designs undergo shortsighted value engineering to keep costs down.’
- ‘The firm says it has saved the state about $85 million by reducing change orders, implementing more efficient scheduling and using value engineering and other total quality management efforts.’
- ‘Once the design has been approved, it is important that essential elements not be compromised during value engineering or construction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.