One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process or activities by which a company adds value to an article, including production, marketing, and the provision of after-sales service.
- ‘Everyone is trying to move up the value chain.’
- ‘Increasingly, India is also competing with us for jobs higher up the value chain.’
- ‘All three projects have the role of producer in their respective value chain.’
- ‘Those at the higher end of the value chain are often reluctant to switch jobs.’
- ‘For a start, the suffering of technology firms depends on how high up they are in the value chain.’
- ‘The idea of a value chain is introduced later in this chapter.’
- ‘We have strengthened our purchasing department with additional engineers who are going to screen the whole value chain of the suppliers.’
- ‘A highly educated population began moving us up the value chain.’
- ‘In an ideal case, commercial value chains are triggered by a customer's need.’
- ‘We now need to concentrate on keeping Ireland moving up the value chain.’
- ‘In the open content cases considered in this paper, value chains are not easily described by a single scenario path.’
- ‘That's something the main value chain is either not interested in doing or is incapable of doing.’
- ‘The solution lies in either adopting the new technology, or moving to a different part of the value chain.’
- ‘You can be sure your competition is working on creating their lean value chain.’
- ‘There will be many players in the value chain from the basic content providers, to the service delivery channel to the payment channel.’
- ‘Captives of global firms are also moving up the value chain.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Thailand will continue to struggle with an education system inadequate for moving up the value chain.’
- ‘The next step is to break down the value chain into activities.’
- ‘The value chain is a measure of perceived value.’
- ‘Discounting bills, however, is considered to be at the low end of the banking snob value chain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.