One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process or activities by which a company adds value to an article, including production, marketing, and the provision of after-sales service.
- ‘Everyone is trying to move up the value chain.’
- ‘All three projects have the role of producer in their respective value chain.’
- ‘The value chain is a measure of perceived value.’
- ‘The idea of a value chain is introduced later in this chapter.’
- ‘The next step is to break down the value chain into activities.’
- ‘Those at the higher end of the value chain are often reluctant to switch jobs.’
- ‘We now need to concentrate on keeping Ireland moving up the value chain.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Thailand will continue to struggle with an education system inadequate for moving up the value chain.’
- ‘A highly educated population began moving us up the value chain.’
- ‘That's something the main value chain is either not interested in doing or is incapable of doing.’
- ‘In an ideal case, commercial value chains are triggered by a customer's need.’
- ‘Captives of global firms are also moving up the value chain.’
- ‘You can be sure your competition is working on creating their lean value chain.’
- ‘We have strengthened our purchasing department with additional engineers who are going to screen the whole value chain of the suppliers.’
- ‘In the open content cases considered in this paper, value chains are not easily described by a single scenario path.’
- ‘There will be many players in the value chain from the basic content providers, to the service delivery channel to the payment channel.’
- ‘Discounting bills, however, is considered to be at the low end of the banking snob value chain.’
- ‘For a start, the suffering of technology firms depends on how high up they are in the value chain.’
- ‘The solution lies in either adopting the new technology, or moving to a different part of the value chain.’
- ‘Increasingly, India is also competing with us for jobs higher up the value chain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.