One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a nation, are we strong enough to accept valorous defeat over an inhumane victory?’
- ‘The principal storyline relates the tale of a supposedly heroic revolutionary general whose valorous military record has contributed greatly to the family's prestige.’
- ‘His Vietnam War deeds were also valorous, earning him numerous medals.’
- ‘One risks lives to retrieve the dead bodies of one's valorous mates.’
- ‘They were all valorous men, of course, but some were more valorous than others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.