One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fashionable and affluent teenage girl from the San Fernando valley in southern California.‘Sloane Rangers and Valley Girls have slang’as modifier ‘the surfers, Valley Girl accents and hustling gurus’
- ‘She looked down at the 3-by - 5 cards she held in her hands and spoke with a voice that reminded Simon of every Valley Girl joke he'd ever heard.’
- ‘From everything I've read, I was expecting a doltish, giggling Valley Girl.’
- ‘She adopted a Valley Girl persona, and didn't seem comfortable playing a character that was supposed to be a version of herself.’
- ‘Many Easterners seem to think that bubble-headed Valley Girls and semi-literate movie moguls populate the area (stereotypes reinforced, of course, by Hollywood).’
- ‘Only by adopting their lilting, Valley Girl voice inflections can one gain their growing approval and, ultimately, an invitation to join them at a party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.