One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
- informal term for coccidioidomycosis
- ‘Without proper treatment, valley fever can lead to severe pneumonia, meningitis, and even death.’
- ‘At first, the ban was due to an epidemic of rift valley fever, which killed more than 300 people in Saudi Arabia and Yemen.’
- ‘In addition, some of the sea otters the researchers examined had suffered from valley fever.’
- ‘Valley fever can devastate the body, causing skin ulcers and abscesses.’
- ‘The rash that sometimes accompanies valley fever is made up of painful red bumps that may later turn brown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.