Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- informal term for coccidioidomycosis
- ‘At first, the ban was due to an epidemic of rift valley fever, which killed more than 300 people in Saudi Arabia and Yemen.’
- ‘In addition, some of the sea otters the researchers examined had suffered from valley fever.’
- ‘The rash that sometimes accompanies valley fever is made up of painful red bumps that may later turn brown.’
- ‘Valley fever can devastate the body, causing skin ulcers and abscesses.’
- ‘Without proper treatment, valley fever can lead to severe pneumonia, meningitis, and even death.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.