nounmass nounNorth American
- informal term for coccidioidomycosis
- ‘Without proper treatment, valley fever can lead to severe pneumonia, meningitis, and even death.’
- ‘At first, the ban was due to an epidemic of rift valley fever, which killed more than 300 people in Saudi Arabia and Yemen.’
- ‘Valley fever can devastate the body, causing skin ulcers and abscesses.’
- ‘The rash that sometimes accompanies valley fever is made up of painful red bumps that may later turn brown.’
- ‘In addition, some of the sea otters the researchers examined had suffered from valley fever.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.