One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With courage or determination.‘they fought valiantly to the end’‘the authors have valiantly attempted to cover a range of topics’
- ‘In his final evaluation, he tried valiantly to respond to our suggestions.’
- ‘It's a story of addiction valiantly triumphing over the human soul.’
- ‘The set consists of two parallel, hyperactive shower curtains, which Posner's lighting valiantly struggles to justify.’
- ‘He valiantly masks his nervousness when flirting with a local high school girl.’
- ‘The actor himself is not actually bad, valiantly managing to inject some sweetness into his role.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.