Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A bacterial infection of the vagina causing a smelly white discharge.
- ‘Our study was powered primarily to look at the influence of bacterial vaginosis rather than chlamydial infection on miscarriage.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis is the most common vaginal infection.’
- ‘A recent study found that women with an infection called bacterial vaginosis were nine times more likely to have a miscarriage than uninfected women.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis is not a sexually transmitted infection.’
- ‘Women with bacterial vaginosis have a broad spectrum of clinical presentations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.