Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the vagina.
- ‘Eventually she developed cystitis and vaginitis and was forced to consult a doctor.’
- ‘In patients in whom vaginitis, cervical cancer or a sexually transmitted disease is suspected, cultures and vaginal samples should be obtained first.’
- ‘Active infections of the pelvis or vagina, such as vaginitis or pelvic inflammatory disease, preclude the use of a pessary until the infection has been resolved.’
- ‘The most common types of vaginitis are bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and trichomoniasis (trich).’
- ‘Many other things besides a yeast infection can cause vaginitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.