Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A secretion which blocks the vagina of some rodents and insectivores after mating.
- ‘The day of detection of the vaginal plug was designated as day 0 of pregnancy.’
- ‘For timed matings, the morning that vaginal plugs were detected was considered embryonic gestation day 0.5.’
- ‘The presence of a vaginal plug was taken at 0.5 day of gestation.’
- ‘Pregnancy was assumed if the female was in the appropriate stage and a vaginal plug was present.’
- ‘Females were examined daily for vaginal plugs and separated from males when positive.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.