A secretion which blocks the vagina of some rodents and insectivores after mating.
- ‘The day of detection of the vaginal plug was designated as day 0 of pregnancy.’
- ‘For timed matings, the morning that vaginal plugs were detected was considered embryonic gestation day 0.5.’
- ‘The presence of a vaginal plug was taken at 0.5 day of gestation.’
- ‘Pregnancy was assumed if the female was in the appropriate stage and a vaginal plug was present.’
- ‘Females were examined daily for vaginal plugs and separated from males when positive.’