One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the vagus nerve.
- ‘Repeated operations of the esophagus or stomach carry a risk of vagal injury, which may lead to gastroparesis.’
- ‘The increase in high-frequency cardiac modulation is representative of an increase in vagal tone.’
- ‘The procedure involves wrapping an electrode around the vagal nerve as it passes through the neck.’
- ‘Cardiovascular neuropathy is a result of damage to vagal and sympathetic nerves.’
- ‘Increases in arterial flow stimulate efferent vagal outflow, inhibiting sympathetic drive and decreasing blood pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.