Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Indian dish consisting of a ball made from ground pulses and deep-fried.
- ‘After this we had some sabudana wadas with green tomato sauce and Coke and then decided to venture out.’
- ‘Perhaps the most intriguing dish on the menu was the vadas.’
- ‘Eatables with high calorie content such as bajji, vada, bonda, fried rice and fried cauliflower and potato were displayed with small flags carrying weight and calories.’
- ‘We're drinking tea, eating vadas, and discussing the future.’
- ‘I am told that off the field some of his happiest moments are spent eating dosa and wada in a favourite little eatery in his home town, Mysore.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.