An Indian dish consisting of a ball made from ground pulses and deep-fried.
- ‘After this we had some sabudana wadas with green tomato sauce and Coke and then decided to venture out.’
- ‘Perhaps the most intriguing dish on the menu was the vadas.’
- ‘We're drinking tea, eating vadas, and discussing the future.’
- ‘I am told that off the field some of his happiest moments are spent eating dosa and wada in a favourite little eatery in his home town, Mysore.’
- ‘Eatables with high calorie content such as bajji, vada, bonda, fried rice and fried cauliflower and potato were displayed with small flags carrying weight and calories.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.