One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A container that keeps a substance hot or cold by means of a double wall enclosing a vacuum.
bottle, container, vesselView synonyms
- ‘Make sure you have enough warm clothing, that your mobile phone is fully charged, and take a vacuum flask with a hot drink.’
- ‘Vacuum flasks can help maintain flavour.’
- ‘You'll appreciate a warm drink from a vacuum flask, too.’
- ‘Mix in the coriander and pour hot into a large vacuum flask.’
- ‘Pouring the liquid oxygen from a vacuum flask he created 10 inches of frost inside the bomb and was able to defuse it successfully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.