One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If anything illustrates the sheer vacuousness and frivolity of the so-called metropolitan elite I have yet to hear it.’
- ‘He was at his best talking about the weather, a subject on which he spoke with the expertise and vacuousness of a true Brit.’
- ‘But on a much larger level, it just shows once again the utter vacuousness of our electoral system.’
- ‘But I don't think I can set aside my prejudices about the vacuousness of life in suburban sprawl.’
- ‘I have been conducting an experiment aimed at analysing the intensifying silliness, stupidity and vacuousness of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.