One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was at his best talking about the weather, a subject on which he spoke with the expertise and vacuousness of a true Brit.’
- ‘But on a much larger level, it just shows once again the utter vacuousness of our electoral system.’
- ‘I have been conducting an experiment aimed at analysing the intensifying silliness, stupidity and vacuousness of the world.’
- ‘If anything illustrates the sheer vacuousness and frivolity of the so-called metropolitan elite I have yet to hear it.’
- ‘But I don't think I can set aside my prejudices about the vacuousness of life in suburban sprawl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.