Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Variant Creutzfeld–Jakob disease.
- ‘There have been around 141 definite or probable deaths from vCJD since monitoring of the disease began.’
- ‘The research suggests red cells and plasma may carry vCJD, the human form of mad cow disease.’
- ‘The Department of Health has said that no evidence exists that vCJD has ever been transmitted through blood or blood products.’
- ‘Scientists have identified a new strain of vCJD which could strike people previously unaffected by the disease.’
- ‘Everyone's concerned about cross-infection: it's very important not just for vCJD but for viruses as well.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.