One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor vehicle with a six cylinder V-engine.
- ‘Either outside bank of three cylinders would form a V-six type engine, taken together with the middle bank.’
- ‘In Britain there were 1.6 and 2.0-litre V-four models going right up to the three-liter V-six.’
- ‘I kept it as quiet as possible since loud V-sixes sound pretty ‘tinny’ I feel that keeping the V-6 quiet helps the overall sound.’
- ‘I've seen twin spark plugs used in the current V-sixes, eights and twelves but I understand the eights and twelves did not have this type ignition when the V-six was introduced.’
- ‘Those motors have been rated as one of the top five V-sixes for many years now, taking top place several times.’
- ‘Twin V-eights, an upgrade over the standard 4.3ltr V-sixes, provide more than enough sportiness to satisfy weekend warriors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.